Thursday, October 09, 2008

Zoo Boise...

Yesterday was the annual first grade fieldtrip to the zoo. Jack was soooo excited that I decided to tag along and take him with me. And Bella... Soooo excited! This was her first trip on a school bus... and what kid doesn't look forward to that ?! We got there and it was so cold. I was glad that I had remembered to pack little jackets for the kids. I did however, forget a jacket for me, so I spent most of the day freezing. Oh well... it was still a good time. :)
We went in the reptile building to check things out and one of the zoo keepers had taken the boa constrictor out so he could clean it's cage. The HUGE snake was just hanging out on the floor. To my surprise, my kids LOVED it. Bella couldn't get enough of petting the big thing.
yes.. that's her petting it!

and check me out being so brave myself!!! I shot this with my 50mmm - so you can imagine how close i had to be for this shot. I'm like the "snake charmer" on the discovery channel :)

bella and one of her best little buds in a play egg shell - and sorry, but i can't remember what animal it's supposed to be from.


Last year when Haley's class went the zoo workers told their class that the penny's they had saved had helped the zoo be able to build a habitat for a giraffe and that they would be getting one soon. Well - it's finally here and the kids were so excited!

Jack's only request while we were there was to ride the merry-go-round. Well.. the thing only runs every hour on the hour so we had to sit and wait for them to come back before we left. Here he is proudly waiting with his very own dollar...

Finally! - and so happy about it!

And my favorite part of the day.... I had to ride the merry-go-round with Jack cuz he wasn't tall enough to ride himself. So... I sat carson on one of the animals just to let him sit while we rode. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I have never seen that kid so happy! He was jumping out of his pants with excitement. I had to hang onto him by the hood of his jacket so i could scoot back far enought to try to capture the look on his face.
Not the greatest - but these pictures will forever bring me joy! i LOVE them!

until next time....

9 comments:

Holly said...

First off...the snake. You're CRAZY! Crazy, you hear me? Ha! I LOVE the ones of Carson - L O V E!

Karen said...

YOU truly are crazy!! SNAKES give me the creeps! Carson is totally adorable in those pics (and in real life of course)!! Eric informs me every time that someone has gone to the Zoo that I am a BAD mother who has never taken her youngest son to the zoo! Not sure it would be as exciting to a 14 year old!

Jodi McDonald said...

Ditto Holly - no snake action for me. Your children are just gorgeous.

Susan Roberts said...

you are one brave girl getting that close to the snake!! Looks like you all had a blast!!!

Anne Pearson Photography said...

Those two of Carson are bringin ME joy right now! Big smile on my face...pure joy radiating from him. That snake....wow! WOW!

Unknown said...

Holy crap! I would've run out the door if I'd walked in that building and saw that monster on the floor. You ARE brave!!!

Natalie said...

Those pictures of Carson are so adorable! I love them!!

Tressa said...

That is seriously one happy Carson babe! LOL Looks like a few more teeth popped through. :)

Anonymous said...

looks like an awesome day!