Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sooooo Excited!

Because I LOVE photography! LOVE it! I remember getting my first camera in grade school and inviting friends over to do photo shoots with. I would go through rolls and rolls and rolls of film. In highschool and college, I was always afraid to enroll in photography classes because I was sure that I wouldn't be good enough, that I didn't have the "artistic" part in me. When I was in my 20's, I didn't have the money to invest in equipment or classes. Finally, in my 30's something changed. It was okay to pursue what I wanted and I didn't care if others were better or if they would laugh at my lack of skill. AND, the finances were there.

I called my friend, Holly, who already had a successful photography business, and asked her to recommend a book that might teach me how to take better pictures of my kids. Two weeks later I had my first SLR. The addiction, the passion, the LOVE began!

18 months later, I now feel blessed with a talent that I'm still striving to learn more about and increase my skills in. It brings me joy to have someone else actually interested in talking to me about photography or asking me questions.

Though they may have been teasing requests, Holly and I have had requests to offer workshops to other aspiring photographers. At first we laughed these requests off with a "yeah right" and "why us?" After some discussion the laughing became, "Why not" and "How fun would that be?!" So now, after a lot of planning, we are ready to offer our first Beginners Photography Workshop!!

We would love for YOU to come and learn as much as we have to offer. If you're interested you can learn more about it by going to
Picture Life

I can't wait to see you all there!!!

5 comments:

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I so wish you lived closer. Maybe one of these days I can get there.

Robin said...

Can I get a private workshop next time you are visiting Columbus???

sjostromgirls (at) yahoo.com

Joanne Fowler said...

Too cool! Sounds awesome! Too bad it's so far away. Have fun!!

Jamie said...

I'm SO excited you are doing this and fortunately for me, I live near Mesa. I just sent an email to be added to the list. I left a comment for Holly also, but would LOVE to learn more of your indoor "natural-light" tips. I was taught in the wedding department and was told to ALWAYS use my flash. I have since learned that I hate my flash and have been fidgeting with natural light for awhile. I'm thrilled to learn from two talented ladies! Thanks for the opportunity!
Check out my recent work on my photography blog......
jamielynnportraits.typepad.com
Then, maybe you can see where I need the help!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, that is so AWESOME!!!! You girls rock and I can't wait to hear about more of your project!!!! EVERYBODY GO GO GO!!!!