Sunday, July 22, 2007

A 2 year project...

When Jack was born (aug 2005) my mom came out to help, visit, etc. While she was here, she decided to share her love for knitting with Haley by teaching her how to knit a scarf. Haley was only 5 years old at the time, and it was amazing how quickly she caught on. Her attention span for the scarf would only last for small spurts and then she would forget about it here and there and eventually the scarf got put aside. She picked it up again earlier this year and got right back into it. When she got close to the end, I had no idea how to help her. So... when grandma came to visit in may of this year, we thought we better pull the scarf out and let her help Haley finish it up in the few days that she was here.
Well, she finally finished and is so proud of her cute little 2 year project. She really did a great job and I can't wait to see her wearing it to school when the weathers cools down. Her next scarf she hopes to donate to charity ( so grandma better come back soon to help her get started on that one).
Anyway... Heres the pictures that you requested, mom. What d'ya think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beautiful job, Haley!

17 comments:

Ren said...

Awesome scarf - she did GREAT!

Love the second last photo :)

Megan said...

Ahhhh..good for her! Love the first..so pretty. She needs to come teach me..I tried to make a hat for Piper..but couldn't figure it out..so I have all of the stuff..in my closet..waiting for her.

Tracey Kendall said...

okay...i am loving the colours, and what an amazing job she did....the pictures rock to...love to see you posting some...what lens did you use on these?

Michelle said...

that scarf is beautiful! love the colors. she did great!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. I love your 1st photo. The close-up shot and the brilliant colors are so wonderful together.

Elisa said...

Hi! I came upon your blog while browsing. Hope you don't mind :)
I love all your photos and I love the scarf your daughter made! It's fabulous! I wish I could find one just like it in a store so I can have one too!! Great job!

Laura said...

The scarf turned out so gorgeous. Perfect for giving that color splash to pictures. She could make a bunch and sell them to photographers. I know she'd make a killin'. :) Your pictures turned out really great, too!

Holly said...

I can see the orders flooding in - Haley could make a ton of money. It's never too early to start saving for college. Beautiful scarf and beautiful Miss Haley!

Mom2Drew said...

What a great accomplishment for her and such wonderful colors! You know, that Pier 1 blanket everyone raves about does not hold a candle to her scarf...way to go!

Tracey Kendall said...

ps...could you please tell me what to do it make my images larger on my blog....and i need step by step...thanks ...lol

HayleeBean said...

These are gorgeous Amanda! I love your perspective in #3. Congrats to her for sticking to it & finishing it.....way cool!

carin davis said...

Gorgeous...the scarf...your daughter...and your images! Good for her for finishing her project!!!!

Tiffany said...

Great Job, haley!!! wow!!! wonderful pictures too, Amanda...hope you are feeling well.

Itworksforbobbi said...

That's an amazing job - good for you, Haley! You sure did better than me. I tried to learn knitting from a very patient Grandma in our ward, but I had to give it up. It did NOT come naturally to these fingers :) Gorgeous colors too! Congrats!

Kristal said...

Amanda, I'm glad to see your a blogger again! These are great. Beautiful color!

Hope things are great!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You are back !!
I was wondering where you were .. I knew pregnancy had something to do with it!! :)
Anyway - That scraf is gorgeous .. make sure you tell her!!
Just beautiful ..

Anonymous said...

yay!! you're back!! LOVE that scarf!! love the first shot of it framing her face!! beautiful!! and soo colorful! :)lisa