Monday, April 02, 2007

A Photo Shoot in My CAR...

...cuz where else are you gonna shoot, right?!? My oldest had soccer practice today and I brought my camera along cuz...well, you know. Anyway, the wind picked up and it was freezing so Me and the 2 youngest climbed into the car to wait. We had a whole hour to waste so what else was I to do?!? Can you tell that she's thrilled with me? I think I even got some decent backlit ones out of the bunch. What d'ya think!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and I wasn't gonna include this one cuz it's a bit soft, but.... All week I've had people telling me over and over how much little miss "b" looks JUST LIKE ME! I just don't see it. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and lets face it... I'm just not that cute. But today, when I opened this pic to edit... I saw it. I saw a glimpse of me in her ( and no - I don't always have a blank look on my face) It's actually that I think that she looks like my oldest brother in this one. Yup, Christian, I'm talking about you!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Camera Info:(for those that asked :) )
Shot in my car/Natural light (hey- you can get catchlights from any direction!)
The first 2: ss 1/400, f3.2, iso 400, 85mm 3 - 6: Backlit against passenger window, ss 1/125, f3.2, ISO400, 85mm

27 comments:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Wow! Who needs a studio with car shots like this. These are so pretty. TFS!

Michelle said...

wow! in the car? i can't get shots like these in my studio! awesome job! love the catchlights in her eyes!

Unknown said...

These are some great in-car shots! Love the catchlights! And her facial expressions. TFS

barb said...

Great shots! I don't do this well when I have lots of room to shoot! She is gorgeous too!!

Tracey Kendall said...

I love it. I love that you can get such awesome shots from the car and she does lokk so thrilled. LOL. She is really a cutie. Thanks for sharing with us.

It's These Little Moments said...

Those are great. And who else would have thought to do one in the car.

Sara said...

That second one made me catch my breath! Beautiful!!!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Okay - let me bow down to the master! Those are amazing for in the car! Did you use a fill flash on these?? I'd love to know your settings!!!

Cindi Koceich said...

How did you get that awesome white background??? I love these! The second and last are my favorites! I gotta get my dds hats like those!!

Haleigh said...

These are great. This goes to show you that if you know what you're doing, you can take a good picture anywhere. I love all of the different expressions.

Mom2Drew said...

I love the color ones here too, that red of the hat is just so great! I'm glad you're shooting wherever you can right now, I would hate to miss out of these sorts of shots. Now...do you have a shot of you so we can put them side by side to see the resemblance? Hmmmm???

Dar Kaso said...

Wow, you took these in the car, fantastic, the color and catchlights are perfect. Love the conversions too.

Tiffany said...

Love these!!! Gosh, you made it, you can take gorgeous pictures anywhere now, even in the CAR!!!!

jen said...

How can your car shots be that good too? You're baffling me! Shows you've got the talent for sure.

robin said...

She has beautiful eyes and I love that red hat! Looks like she is trying to make the best of a boring situation.

Heather said...

I just will repeat everyone else. Great job. I can't believe these were taken in a car!!!

Anonymous said...

Amanda .. she is such a doll .. these are just the cutest ..
I love #2 ..

Tiffany said...

The copyright logo looks great!!!!I love the catchlight...I live in a cave so I don't get as much...wonderful backlighting! =)

Kathy P said...

i LOVE taking pictures in my car! it's great lighting! and, when the kids are little, they are buckled into their car seats..... so, they can't run away!

so, now, you are gonna have to post a picture of yourself so we can see the resemblance!

Teri said...

wow these are awesome. what a cutie

Lorrie said...

beautiful -- you shot THOSE in your car? Uh, you are talented. The catchlights are great! terrific job!

Anna said...

these are ADORABLE - that hat!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I can't believe you got these from the inside of a car! You keep amazing me.....would you stop all ready, I need to catch up! Everything you post just keeps getting better & better! Love her hat BTW!

Anonymous said...

PS.....I agree with everyone about your copyright logo! I love it!

Megan said...

Alright..why were you keeping these from me? They are awesome..love them! I do believe there is one more you took that I'm not seeing posted:) :) You know, that one was really cute!

Stephanie said...

I never knew cars could be so much fun to shoot in!! And..how did you get her to be so HAPPY in a car!? My kids go absolutely BONKERS on a 5 minute drive!! What a talent you have!

Shelley said...

I've actually done this before too and got one of my all time favorite photos of Ben. Way to make the best of your waiting time!