Sunday, June 01, 2008

Last Weekend's Adventures....

I can't believe I'm a week behind! It seems like i'm usually looking for something to happen to give me a reason to blog and now i can't catch up. So here's Last weekend's post with lots and lots and lots of photos.

We decided to head out to Cliff's brother's house for Memorial day. When we got there, we found out that their dog had had a batch(as cousin kelli called it) of puppies the day before. Oh My Goodness!!! My kids were in heaven! Especially Jack, he could NOT put the poor little things down. He had to pick each one up and spend special time with it in his own little chair and before moving on to the next, he'd give it a gentle kiss on the top of the head. By the end of the weekend they all had names. Too fun!
Photobucket
On saturday, We decided to take a big family trip to Yellowstone National Park. Can you believe that my husband has lived in the Rocky Mountains for most of his life and he's never been there?? Anyway, it was a crappy weather day - it rained most of the time, (even snowed for part of the way) so we spent most of the time in the car...sat in the rain waiting for Old Faithful to do it's thing, and headed home. Maybe some day we'll go back when we can enjoy it a little more. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunday ended up being beautiful! I spent some time with Carson just hanging out...
Photobucket
The kids played outside trying to catch butterflies and make wishes. I wish i had a picture of all the butterflies. It was like a butterfly storm there were so many flying around.
Photobucket
After dinner, Grandpa took a few of the boys to feed one of the neighbor's horses. They LOVED it!
Photobucket
They LOVED it even more when Grandpa took them to a different neighbor's house and he let them RIDE his horse (actually a mule :)
Jack could NOT wait to go for a ride!
Photobucket
He didn't get to go first so here he is patiently waiting...
Photobucket
Finally his turn! I know this picture doesn't show it, but he really was mr. permagrin the whole time! Soooo cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
When we got home i grabbed a few of the girls and tried to get a nice sunflare pic..
Photobucket
Then... with the little light left, Laurie and I jumped in the car with all the little girls... ALL 5 of them and headed on a very short photo adventure. We needed no radio though, because we were entertained with Hannah Montana Songs the whole way... pretty funny!
I'd seen this coke can on the way into town and knew I had to get a pic of it for Wendy and Karen - Here ya go girls...
Photobucket
Then we tried out a few other spots with the little light we had left...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then on Monday, before we left, Laurie asked if I'd get a quick shot of baby Cohen. And... I just had to share... Remember him? He's my cute newborn from my October posts. Can you believe how Cute and big he is?!!!
Photobucket
Phew... I don't know if you made it all the way through this post, but I did! ha!
Thanks for reading! I'll try to post this weekend's adventures in the next few days. :)

12 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

That Taylor is a beauty! I'm glad you guys get to live closer to each other:)

Holly said...

Such fun pictures! So...I'm counting down to Thursday. I need you to help me pack though - ha! How's that gonna work? See you soon!

Alana said...

Amanda,
It was so fun to see you for a quick minute while you were here over Memorial day weekend. It looks like you had a blast! It was fun to see photos of so many familiar places, although I'm unsure of where the big "coke can" is I would love to know if you could email me. Next time you're going to be over here, let me know and lets go shoot together. That would be a blast!
Take care and as always its so fun to see all your wonderful photography.
Alana Lerwill

Itworksforbobbi said...

Your photos are wonderful! I especially love that one with the texture added! So neat! Where do you find textures?

Your kiddos are cute as pie :)

Jennifer said...

I'll say it again. I LOVE, LoVE, lOvE your photography. I enjoy your posts immensely. It makes me even MORE excited to learn from you. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Okay Amanda - Love the Coke one. I know you thought of me as soon as you saw that one! I also fell in love with the one of Jack standing on the fence holding the pole. Perfect expression!

Amanda said...

Thanks guys!
Alanna - Go towards I.F. and it's on the left just past the FedEx station. I think it was in a Shell gas station.
Bobbi-jo - I used nichole Van's textures on that one.
Jennifer - I can't wait either! I'm getting so excited!
Wendy - I knew you'd love it! I thought of you as soon as i saw it :)

Laurie said...

So fun! They all came out so great! I tried to copy them to my blog but I forgot...you're a PROFESSIONAL! So can I have some of the pics or what??

Anne Pearson Photography said...

OOOHHHH....these pics are so neat! I CANNOT wait for this weekend! I can't wait for Saturday ...hopefully I can atleast give you a hug really quick before you become the professional teacher! I cannot wait to learn! You have so much to teach....you're little boys are the cutest things ever!!!

Kimberly Robinson said...

Ooooo, that sunflare shot makes my heart MELT. SO beautiful, your use of natural light is ASTOUNDING. See you this weekend!!

Jess said...

Okay I have not checked your blog in a long time. I have missed out!
I should have found a way to have met up with you when you came to Salt Lake. Maybe next time.

Mindy said...

What a fun vacation!!! Beautiful pics, as always.